Plugin: Gravatar Box
Last updated: 7 years ago.
Downloaded: 15,836 times.
Gravatars are great. But many people don’t have them.
Wouldn’t it be nice if, when a user was filling in the comments form, the page could automatically detect and show a users gravatar, if they have one? Or even better, show a sign up link if they don’t have one?
Well, here you go.
WordPress 2.8 or higher.
- Easy to install and use.
- Integrates easily into any theme, with only one line of code.
- Easily customizable through CSS styling.
- No complex interface or options to mess with, just works.
- Upload the files to the `/wp-content/plugins/gravbox/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add this to your comments form somewhere:
<?php if (function_exists('gravbox')) gravbox(); ?>
- Add styling for it into your style.css.
The gravbox() code adds a div with id of “gravbox”.
The image has the “gravatar” class, and is wrapped inside another div with a class of “gravatar_frame”.
The no-gravatar link is inside a p with a class of “nogravatar”.
This should be enough for any styling needs. If you wish to further alter the result or the size of the gravatar, edit the gravbox.js file.
This plugin is licensed under the GPL Version 2 only.